Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tuesday of our discontent

Not much has been going on. Saw H over the weekend- awesomeness- and finally got M his CD so he can get his BG fix. (My, don't we love letters?) Knitted a little, the green scarf I started last winter. It's a start, right?

Mostly, I've been working on, well, work forms and school forms and transcripts. I did my HR paperwork today for the library job. I kind of forgot that the reason I liked working there is they are a corporate-BS-free zone, so I was kind of nervous when my Criminal History Report didn't come in time. But, I showed the receipt and the woman just said to bring it in Thursday when I start. Woot.

School forms are giving me all kinds of headaches. It's not that they're hard- quite the contrary- it's this damnable one year of grad school. Do I disclose it? Then I have to submit a transcript from that year, and it's not spectacular to say the least. If I could just forget it ever happened I would be happier. Also, I need 18 credit hours in math to qualify, and I have exactly 18 in the actual math department. But four of them are AP transfer credits. So here's hoping either a) they count (which they should since I sent them my HS transcript), or b) they're willing to count some of my "physics is math on crack" courses towards it. I think A is what will happen, but I can argue B in a pinch, since all those classes were was applied math. Anyway, got to finish and bury it today, so I can stop worrying about it.

Also, they did not include a financial aid form, like I thought they did, so I think I have to go see my bank about that, possibly. Fun.

I still have to read and critique D's first four chapters too, before she gets back from Boston. That actually should be fun, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Damn mechanostriders.

No comments: