Monday, July 30, 2007

Petrification

I am turning into stone. Not the kind of stone that sits, stodgy, in the middle of a desert weathering slowly. The kind that turns plastic in earthquakes and slithers down hills taking McMansions with formerly fantastic views of the California coast along with it. I'm going to be a nervous wreck and spastically checking email all day.

Alright, now that's out of my system...

I will try to post some knitting and vacation pics later today, since I've been wanting to use my camera more and this will give me a nice excuse. Right now I'm working on a scarf. Very, very simple, but something I will need next winter as my current one is kinda tired. After that I think I'm going to try a simple blanket. H. and I brainstormed some ideas, and I think it will be a bunch of "sampler squares", 12x12 in the same color, and the same border, but demonstrating different stitch patterns, which I will subsequently sew together. This I think will come out looking nice (given it's monochromatic, the textures will not be distracting), and it will get me used to using patterns and different kinds of stitches. I'm thinking maybe golden brown for color.

Shelfari is my new awesome. I'm hoping to find time to update it later today, but first I have to do some errands and such. Why did I sleep past my alarm? Sigh.

No comments: