Saturday, July 7, 2007

It never rains...

Wow, surprisingly busy week.

Went to see H on Tuesday and Wednesday. She chained me to her couch while we binged on House, ate yummy steak and fries, and knitted until I felt my arm was going to fall off. I *did* finish a pot holder though (pics later, so much fun can be made of my sloppiness). I learned how to purl and to stockenade, or however it is spelled. I went to see the fireworks with my family on the 4th- I love fireworks. I want them at my funeral, not that I'll be around to care or anything, come to think of it.

On Thursday I had library training. This was supposed to take 3-4 hours; it took 1. Ah, well. It's slowly coming back to me. Made a lot of silly mistakes when I was working on Friday (like almost shelving stuff that wasn't checked in, forgetting to case the DVDs...) but nothing catatrophic. I forgot how much I liked working there. After training, I went home and finished up my teacher school applications and mailed them out. Woot! Now I just have to register for Praxis II, study for said Praxis II so I don't worry about it, and fill out financial aid. Midday I get an excited/panicked phone call from my friend Ryan from NWC, saying that the second part of an amazing campaign we did some four years ago is finally kicking off, and would I please finish some post I promised I would do and sign up? Fun times, and I probably will finish the post, but watching him have a caniption is kind of fun in its own right. (I'm awful, I know.)

I'm really looking forward to part two. The character I play in there is probably the most detailed, varied, and real character I have ever created, for anything. When I'm playing Ursa, it's not so much that I'm playing her as I am Ursa. I fully realize how psychotic that sounds. Plus, the group of characters has extremely good chemistry.

Then, later that afternoon, I get a call from some guy at RR, saying that they want to hire me part-time to do some programming, and could I please send him a resume. I did have a resume, but it was specific to student teaching/subbing, and had to be modified considerably for this kind of venue. So I woke up early Friday and did that. Friday I get another flurry of PMs on NWC about a different game that I thought was pretty much dead. Yea for RP! I still have to do some plotting with B and D to get H into this more...she owes me for the knitting thing!

So today I have to a) finish that Ursa/Hobbes post, b) figure out my vacation hours and post them at the library, c) register for that exam and do the financial aid, and d) something else I'm sure I forgot.

Luna just hit 67. I'm kinda wanting to get her to 70 and get her flying, so she can eventually get a netherdrake. It's a devil's choice between her and Ath for the epic flight skill, because epic flight form is pretty nifty as well, but the idea of not merely 5000g but 10,000g makes me want to faint. The most I've ever had at one time was slightly under 1k. 10k is...unfathomable. Also, against my better judgment I agreed to treefruif for Fate's End's misguided attempt on Gruul's Lair. Honestly, how did I make decisions before I had crushes? >_< It's two hours, and I don't know that it will be a weekly thing, so...eh, avoiding worry.

Oh, I remembered what (d) is...fill in my calander with all this junk!

H is coming over today, and we're making some kickass soup. Good times. Possibly some green tea as well.

No comments: